Wed, 06/30/2021 – 11:15
Mental Health America (MHA) is now accepting applications for our 2021-2022 Young Mental Health Leaders Council (YMHLC)!
YMHLC identifies young adults (18-25) who have created programs and initiatives that fill gaps in mental health resources in their communities. From policy to apps and peer support to sports, MHA’s young adult leaders are making a difference to meet the needs of their peers. Selected applicants participate in a six-month cohort to connect and share ideas with other leaders from across the US.
In addition to attending monthly 90-minute meetings over the six-month term, YMHLC members will:
- Receive one-on-one mentoring for their programmatic and professional growth
- Gain leadership opportunities at MHA and with MHA partners
- Highlight their work and ideas via MHA’s social media and young adult mental health resources
- Present at MHA local and national events and with MHA partners
- Join a network of young mental health leaders and MHA affiliates
- Receive a $1,000 stipend
In line with MHA’s founding and history of consumer leadership, the Young Mental Health Leaders Council centers lived experience as essential to meeting the mental health needs of youth and young adults today.
Youth and young adult mental health is worsening, and young people are living in vastly different circumstances than we have ever seen before. To improve the well-being of young people, YMHLC amplifies and grows the work of young leaders who best understand the challenges and opportunities to support their peers.
Applications are due Friday, August 20, 2021.
Questions? Email Kelly Davis, MHA’s Associate Vice President of Peer and Youth Advocacy, at email@example.com.
Add new comment
Go to Source